If you want some Respect!

"From Where I come, you are Respected because of your wealth, your foolishness is tolerated and your ego is overlooked"

Such was my conclusion one Saturday morning when I saw a man treated as a bother, a lice, an unwanted boil, by members of his family because he had no job and obviously contributed nothing to the family's status. He wasn't always like that. I remember him driving to work every day. Sometimes I saw him in his Mercedes Benz with some of these family members seated at the back like queens to funerals held in their hometown, Where I can imagine them walk by his side with pride. Their brother who owns a flashy and expensive car.

But the sun didnt always shine for him and it didn't rain for him forever : the Harmattan (dry season) came. Indeed,  from the horse's own lips I heard how he was laid off when their company was sold out.
And his life came to this point. I wondered (but dared not ask) if he could really do nothing about his situation, did he not have friends, connections or networks? People that could link him to another business? Afterall isn't it all about the who-knows-you in the system from Where I come?
But hey I dared not ask so I shall keep wondering.

How about you, is respect for sale from Where you come? How can one buy some? Do share with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Love Letter to THE PRESIDENT

Talk is Cheap

On the Field.