On the Field.

About fifty children stiring dust,
Running.
Shouting.
Screaming after a ball.

Little legs swinging,
Hoping to touch a flying ball.
One throws his right leg;
The ball walks past him, his feet run after it.
Another takes the ball, runs away with it
To a place he can freely hit it.
Soon he is surrounded by many legs
Like ants who chance on sugar.
He hits the ball and runs after it
To have a second hit but
Someone cuts him from behind.

The girls, amidst the running boys,
Interrupting their game with their cries,
"Oh...let me play some".
The ball leaves them to the side of the field
Where one boy is seated waiting
For the ball to come to him.
He takes the ball to the pole
Where the keeper is too small for his post.
He fixes the ball for a strike,
Too late,
Supporters and opposers attack him.
The leg that hits the ball sends it
High into the sky, all eyes follow.
Before it hits the ground,
The bell rings.
PE is over.

I will remember this with a smile,
Many years later.

28th February, 2016

Comments

  1. Lol you made me reminisce. Nice piece Obed! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... It takes me to the past everytime I read it. Everytime. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Wow, wonderfully wedded words worth watching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seth. Kindly check my latest post. If you haven't read Love Letter to the President, you may take a walk through it as well. You'll be glad you did.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.Amazing how such a simple unleashes many long forgotten memories. Keep it up Amu! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.Amazing how such a simple unleashes many long forgotten memories. Keep it up Amu! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are words wrapped with memories. This PE time used to be one of the glorious times I felt useful among my older classmates. Wonderful words well woven with wit. I love the ink in your pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Gh Shakespeare himself here. Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Love Letter to THE PRESIDENT

Talk is Cheap